Father-Son Duo Wins Bud Partnership
Kyle and Derrick Kelting won the Budweiser Partnership tournament Sunday at Ross Rogers Golf Complex.
It’s the second win in the last three years for the father-son duo.
The Keltings started the championship flight seeded 11th but defeated three higher seeded teams before knocking off the top seeded team of Andrew Brewer and Kent Neal in the 36-hole championship match Sunday 14-12 on the Mustang Course.
- American Michael Kim cruised to his first PGA Tour victory and a trip to the British Open with a big win in the John Deere Classic on Sunday.
Kim birdied his first three holes and was never challenged as he shot five-under 66 to win by eight strokes a day after his 25th birthday.
- The first half of the Major League Baseball regular season has come to a close, which means that the first All-Star break to take place in Washington, D.C., since 1969 is here.
Today, there will be two primary events: the Celebrity Softball game and the Home Run Derby. The annual game between the leagues is tomorrow night.
- Yesterday, the Baltimore Orioles rallied past the Texas Rangers 6-5. Texas finishes the first half of the season by losing 10 of their last 13 games.
Ronald Guzman hit a grand slam for a quick 4-0 lead but the Rangers couldn’t hold it.
- John Hicks hit one of Detroit's four home runs off Justin Verlander, and the Tigers snapped a six-game losing streak with a 6-3 win over the Houston Astros.
AMERICAN LEAGE SCORES
BOSTON 5 Toronto 2
CLEVELAND 5 NY Yankees 2
CHICAGO WHITE SOX 10 Kansas City 1
MINNESOTA 11 Tampa Bay 7
NATIONAL LEAGUE SCORES
MIAMI 10 Philadelphia 5
Washington 6 NY METS 1
ATLANTA 5 Arizona 1
PITTSBURGH 7 Milwaukee 6
- LOUIS 6 Cincinnati 4
Chicago Cubs 7 SAN DIEGO 4
COLORADO 4 Seattle 3
Oakland 6 SAN FRANCISCO 2
LA DODGERS 5 LA Angels 3
- Novak Djokovic won his fourth Wimbledon men’s singles title Sunday by outplaying South African giant Kevin Anderson.
The 31-year-old put two years of turmoil behind him to beat a battle-weary Anderson 6-2 6-2 7-6(3) in three sets.
- On Saturday, German Angelique Kerber won her third major title with a straight-set win over Serena Williams. Kerber’s 6-3, 6-3 win gives her a Wimbledon title to go with her Australian and U.S. Open crowns. It also prevented Williams from winning her 24th career grand slam title.
- 19-year-old Kylian Mbappe became only the second teenager to score in a World Cup final as France overcame resilient Croatia 4-2 to win the sport’s top prize for the second time, 20 years after their first triumph.
This was the highest-scoring final since 1966.