Amarillo Area “Know Before You Go” Road Projects and Closures
Each week, the Texas Department of Transportation releases their "Know Before You Go" rundown of area roadwork and construction projects. Here are the areas around Amarillo to watch for delays and lane closures:
- This week, the left lane of the westbound I-40 frontage road will be closed between the temporary westbound Airport Boulevard entrance ramp and 500 feet east of Lakeside Drive for box culvert work. This work will last 7 to 10 days.
- On US 87, there will be various lane closures on the inside lanes from Fillmore Street to Mobley Street for installation of median cable barrier.
- Watch for patching repair crews in Potter County in the following locations:
- On Tuesday, February 25, on SL 434 at E. Cactus Street within the intersection. Cactus Street will be closed to thru traffic.
- On Wednesday, February 26, on SL 434 at E. Cherry Avenue within the intersection. Cherry Street will be closed to thru traffic.
- Watch for various lane closures on Amarillo Boulevard from Hughes Street east to SL 335 for patching and concrete repair in both directions.
- Expect multiple lane closures around the downtown interchange on I-40 for concrete bridge deck repairs in both directions.
- On I-27 northbound, the right lane will be closed from FM 2219 to McCormick Road for patching repairs.
- Watch for slow-moving operations on I-27 and US 87 for herbicide application around guardrails.
All projects are subject to change due to weather, emergency work and other unexpected events.