Utility worker from California Electrocuted In Texas
VICTORIA, Texas (AP) — A 24-year-old utility worker from California has been electrocuted after coming in contact with power lines in South Texas.
The Victoria County Sheriff's Office on Wednesday identified the victim as Jeffrey Wilder II from Clearlake, Calif.
Sgt. Travis Gundelach (GUN'-duhl-lahk) says Monday's death appears to have been an unfortunate accident. Federal safety officials have been notified.
A spokeswoman for Victoria Electric Cooperative says the victim was a contract worker. The accident happened as Wilder was in an elevated bucket working on a power line.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.