National Barista Competition Coming to Amarillo
Be there or be... a tea drinker.
The U.S Coffeechamp is an extremely prosperous organization that takes baristas from all over the nation to put them head to head to find the best barista in America. The 2018 U.S Coffeechamp preliminaries are currently underway, the next round will be right here in Amarillo.
Palace Coffee Co. will be holding events all weekend at their downtown location. They will be hosting the brewers' cup and barista competition as well as extra events like latte art throwdown, mocktail competition as well as a pairing competition.
The winner top three baristas will receive $2500 in cash and prices and move on to the next round in Denver, Colorado.
Here is a schedule of events.
- Blind Cupping: 4:00PM-6:00PM
- Opening Night Party: 8:00PM-10:00PM
- Competitor Practice time begins at 6:00PM-10:00PM
- Competitor Practice Time 7:00AM-5:45PM
- Barista Competition 9:00AM-7:00PM
- Brewers Competition 1:00PM-6:00PM
- Latte Art Throwdown 7:00PM
- Competitor Practice 7:00AM:-4:30PM
- Barista Competition 9:00AM 5:30PM
- Brewers Competition 9:00AM-4:00PM
- Closing Party 8:00PM-10:00PM
To join to party check out Palace Coffee on Facebook or email firstname.lastname@example.org