Be Prepared for Slow Downs on I-40 and South Washington this Week
Here's this weekly update on lane closures and construction. In addition to the on going construction, here's the areas that will also slow you down this week.
UPDATE, Tuesday, September 25th,
- On Tuesday, Sept. 25, drivers need to be aware of changing traffic patterns on I-40 eastbound near Washington Street and the downtown interchange in advance of road repair work and overlay operations that will continue eastward from Soncy Road. Expect delays.
- On SL 335 (Hollywood Road) at I-27, expect reduced lanes and delays in all directions as installation of a storm sewer takes place. This work will continue throughout the week so motorists are advised to use extra time and caution and, if possible, find alternate routes.
- Mill and fill operations that were scheduled for today (Monday, Sept. 24) have been rescheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 25. The work will take place on FM 1541 (Washington Street) between 46th Avenue and 58th Avenue.
- Monday, Sept. 24, various lanes of FM 1541 (Washington Street) will be closed for mill and fill operations.
- Various lanes will be closed on Interstate 27 in both directions from Western Street to Rockwell Road for fog seal and strip seal operations.
- I-27 northbound frontage road, watch for various lane closures from Rockwell Road to McCormick Road for seal coat operations.
- Overlay operations continue on Interstate 40 eastbound from Soncy Road to Washington Street. Expect changing traffic patterns as this is a mobile operation. Delays due to this work have been up to 10 minutes, so please plan your schedule or route accordingly.
- Demolition of the north (westbound) bridge of I-40 at Pullman Road began Friday, Sept. 21. Pullman Road under I-40 will be closed Monday through Thursday, from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. nightly while demolition takes place. The westbound Pullman Road entrance ramp is closed for reconstruction.
- State Loop (SL) 335 (Soncy Road), the southbound right lane between 34th Avenue and Anton Kuster Avenue will be closed for a week while crews install a new drive access.
These projects could chance at any time due to weather, emergency work and other unexpected events.
Make sure to always slow down in construction zones.