10 Weird Laws In Texas That Make You Say ‘What the Flip?’
We thought it'd be fun to find out things about our state that I didn't know. So here we go, ten dumb laws that Texas still has. Enjoy!
Now we are not strangers to dumb rules and laws. Unfortunately, they will always exist. I've done a little digging and found out that Texas has some pretty ridiculous laws. I'm sure that nobody goes around enforcing them, but if they do watch out!
- It is illegal to sell one's eye.
- The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home.
- When two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone.
- It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing.
- It is illegal to milk another person’s cow.
- A recently passed anti-crime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.
- One must acknowledge a supreme being before being able to hold a public office
- Wire cutters can not be carried in your pocket.
- It is illegal to drive without windshield wipers. You don’t need a windshield, but you must have the wipers.
- A city ordinance states that a person cannot go barefoot without first obtaining a special five-dollar permit.
My favorite, you must warn your victims that you are going to commit a crime against them! What's your favorite?