Fairs Return To Texas After Pandemic Year
The Texas State Fair WILL return this year…but how “back to normal” will it be? State Fair officials say the event, which attracts over 2 million visitors, will “follow CDC guidelines” as well as “recommendations from other government agencies”. We don’t know what that means because we don’t know what the guidelines will even BE in 3 months’ time. The Texas State Fair will run for an entire month, September 24 through October 17. Officials say they’ll let the public know what the policies for attendance, social distancing and masking will be “before the fair begins”.
OU and Texas did play last year at the Cotton Bowl but with only a partial capacity crowd. The game is set for October 9th this year and, according to the Dallas Morning News, stadium will be at full capacity.
The Texas State Fair is by far the largest fair in the United States. Here are a few more local and regional fairs that are back and, hopefully, better than ever for 2021:
- The Luling Watermelon Thump runs from June 24 thru June 27 in Luling.
- The North Texas Fair and Rodeo happens August 20-28 in Denton.
- The Permian Basin Fair and Expo happens September 3-12 in Odessa.
- The West Texas Fair and Rodeo is set for September 3-18 in Abilene.
- The Amarillo Tri-State Fair and Rodeo is scheduled for September 17-25.
- The Howard County Fair is set for the weekend of September 17,18 and 19 in Big Spring.
Which of these county fairs are you excited for? Let us know on our App Chat or Facebook page!
CHECK IT OUT: The best county to live in for each state